REMINDER: The next HAMA meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 8 from noon - 1:30 p.m. in person at the Hopkins Fire Department (101 17th Avenue S) in the 3rd floor training room.
This meeting was rescheduled from November 9, 2022.
The Hopkins Police and Fire Departments will share progress and plans for addressing current IPG owned rental property issues and restoring residents' trust.
Rental Inspections and New Processes
The Hopkins Police Department will cover sections of Chapter 20 of the City Code regarding prohibited disorderly behavior, required background checks plus use of Crime Free Multi-Housing Leases Addendum (lease provision requirements).
Hopkins City Code Part II, Chapter 20, Article III - Rental Housing
- Importance of key boxes
- Options of key boxes allowed in the City of Hopkins
- Expectation of the emergency services and code compliance
- Smoke alarms and MNSFC (MN State Fire Code)
- Hoarding and other hazards
- Programs the Fire Department provides to reduce the number of calls
Full agenda can be found on our website here.
HAMA Website | Rental License Information