A site plan is a scaled drawing of a property showing the location of all buildings or structures on the lot. Any new construction must be clearly identified on the site plan. Site plans must also include the following:
- The address of the property.
- The Engineer's scale to which the drawing was prepared (1" = 10', 20', 30', 40', 50' or 60').
- The orientation of the drawing with a north arrow.
- The dimensions of each building or structure.
- The distance from each building or structure to the property lines and to other buildings or structures. (Distances must be shown to property lines, not streets, sidewalks or alleys. If you do not know the location of your property lines, you may need to have your lot surveyed.)
- Any water features, retaining walls, or other physical features.