Overpass Skate Park
$10/day or $5/day for residents of Hopkins, Minnetonka and St. Louis Park or Members of 3rd Lair
|Other Link||3rd Lair Skate Park Waiver|
- Skate Park
Overpass Skate Park, located under the Highway 169 bypass in Hopkins, spans across 18,000 square feet and offers aggressive skating enthusiasts piano banks, fun boxes, kinked rails and staircases, as well as protective helmets and pads. The highway overpass protects skateboarders, inline skaters and BMX bikers from light rain, but does not offer protection from rainstorms or the elements of winter. The Overpass is seasonal and operates as the weather permits.
The Overpass Skate Park is owned by the City of Hopkins and operated by the 3rd Lair. The Overpass opened in spring 2000 as one of the largest skate parks in the metro area. The Hopkins Area Jaycees donated $135,000 toward the park.
2020 Hours of Operation
June 29 - September 7: Open 7 days a week, Noon-7 p.m.
September 8 - October 25: Open Saturday & Sunday only, Noon-7 p.m.
- $10 per day
- $5 per day resident discount rate (includes residents of Hopkins, Minnetonka and St. Louis Park) and 3rd Lair members
2020 Hours of Operation
First time customers need to sign a waiver with parents signature if they are under 18.
Overpass Skate Park COVID-19 Operation Plan is as follows:
- 30 participants maximum per day - pre-purchase online or over the phone will be available.
- Parents are encouraged to drop off/pickup rather than hang out to help reduce the number of people at the skate park.
- If your child is young enough to need constant adult supervision, please stay and supervise them. There are bleachers available for spectators.
- Waivers must be filled out prior to entering the park.
- We encourage everyone to complete a new waiver even if you think yours has not yet expired.
- No rental equipment is available.
- Helmets are required for all riders - bring your own.
- Please maintain 6ft social distancing at all times.
- Our staff will be wearing masks with all customer interactions.
- We are asking participants to bring and use masks while they are not skating.
- Our staff will not be coming to work if they feel ill, have a fever, or have had contact with anybody who is infected with COVID-19. Participants should follow the same guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available for all staff and participants. Everyone will be encouraged to use it often.
- Our staff will be cleaning/disinfecting surfaces often throughout the day with a product called Mat Guard.