Depot Event Corps
The Depot Event Corps (DEC) focuses primarily on the implementing of Depot programming events, such as concerts, tournaments and social events. DECs are an integral part of Depot programming success and gives volunteers of many ages an opportunity to gain skills, work with youth and have fun.
Unlike the Board of Directors, there is no monthly quota for volunteering, nor is there a requirement to attend Sunday meetings. There are a number of DEC shifts every week, particularly for taking cover charges on Friday nights, and assisting with general operation and supervision.
Apply for the Depot Event Corps
Apply online or download the Depot Event Corps Application (PDF) and mail it, fax it or drop it off at the Depot.
Depot Event Corps Shift Descriptions
Cover Taker Responsibilities
6 to 8:30 p.m. shift:
- Count the cash from the cover charges and record amount on log under the cash tray in the cash box
- Write or print a list of the bands that will be playing that night for tallying purposes
- Collect cover charges from attendees and tally which band the attendees came to see (cover taking should begin 15 minutes before the first band is to begin)
- Draw a distinctive mark onto the top of the hands of paying attendees for reentry.
8:30 to 11 p.m. shift:
- Collect cover charges from attendees and tally which band the attendees came to see (cover taking will end 15 minutes after the last band has started playing)
- Draw a distinctive mark onto the top of the hands of paying attendees for reentry
- Pay bands their cut of cover charges following the nights performances ($1 per tally)
- Count cash box and record amount on log under cash tray in cash box.
NOTE: Cover charges are to be accepted in cash only. Do not take any bill over $20. There is no guest list – only immediate band members get free access. Consult coordinator with any issues.
Both 6 to 8:30 p.m. and 8:30 to 11 p.m. shifts:
- Wear distinctive Depot/Freight Room staff clothing
- Supervise activity within a 100 yard radius of The Depot/Freight Room, including inside the building, parking lot, pavilion and trail
- Inform attendees not to sit/stand in bike trail or on railroad tracks
- Be aware of smoking area in the pavilion and report likelihood of underage use
- Coordinate with sound tech about band order and assist vehicles entering/exiting patio area for load-in
- Report any unsafe behavior/issues to coordinator.
NOTE: As with any position at The Depot/Freight Room, request assistance whenever necessary. Never engage anyone in attendance physically unless they are a danger to others or themselves (moshing, etc.) This position is NOT for those who want to be bouncers, but more for those who want to ensure a safe and fun atmosphere at The Depot/Freight Room.