Water Efficiency Rebates
The City of Hopkins is now offering Water Efficiency Rebates to Hopkins property owners to lower the cost of the purchase and installation of products that reduce water use (limit one rebate per property owner).
Qualifying Items & Rebates
Water Efficiency Rebates are available for:
- Energy Star-certified washing machines: 75 percent rebate, not to exceed $500
- EPA WaterSense-certified low-flow toilets: 75 percent rebate, not to exceed $150
- EPA WaterSense-certified irrigation controller replacement: 75 percent rebate, not to exceed $400
- EPA WaterSense-certified sprinkler body replacements: 75 percent rebate, not to exceed $400 per system
- EPA WaterSense-certified irrigation system audits: 75 percent rebate, not to exceed $200.
Request a Rebate
To request a rebate, Hopkins property owners must submit:
- Name of purchaser
- Invoice showing the purchase of a qualified item
- Address where the qualified item has been installed.
Homeowners are encouraged to get pre-approved before making a purchase to ensure rebate eligibility. Documents showing a qualified purchase must be submitted within 60 days.
Requests should be submitted by mail to:
Hopkins Public Works
c/o Water Efficiency Rebates
11100 Excelsior Boulevard
Hopkins, MN 55343
Or by email to:
About the Program
The City of Hopkins Water Efficiency Rebate program is made possible by grants from the Metropolitan Council.
The grant covers rebates for:
- 30 Energy Star-certified washing machines
- 30 EPA WaterSense-certified low-flow toilets
- 6 EPA WaterSense-certified irrigation controller replacement
- 6 EPA WaterSense-certified sprinkler body replacements
- 6 EPA WaterSense-certified irrigation system audits.
Rebates are available until the funds have run out or the program expires on June 30, 2022.
Learn more about the Metropolitan Council’s Water Efficiency Grant Program on the Metropolitan Council website.