May 6, 2014
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Housing and Redevelopment Authority was held May 6, 2014, at Hopkins City Hall. Present were Chairman Eugene Maxwell and Commissioners Molly Cummings, Jason Gadd, Kristi Halverson and Cheryl Youakim. Also present were Executive Director Mike Mornson, Executive Director Stacy Unowsky, Assistant Executive Director Kersten Elverum and City Attorney Kim Kozar.
I. CALL TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 7:02 p.m.
II. OPEN AGENDA - PUBLIC COMMENTS
- No one from the public came forward to speak.
III. CONSENT AGENDA
- Approve minutes of the April 1, 2014, regular meeting
- Approve disbursements through April 30, 2014
Commissioner Halverson moved, Commissioner Cummings seconded, to approve the consent agenda. The motion was approved unanimously.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- Ms. Unowsky gave an overview of both the Capital Fund Program Five-Year Plan and the Capital Funds Program. Chairman Maxwell clarified that if funds were not allocated by HUD, the HRA wouldn’t be required to spend the money.
The public hearing to consider both items, 2014-04 and 2014-05, was opened at 7:05 p.m. No one came forward to speak. Commissioner Youakim moved, Commissioner Gadd seconded, to close the public hearing. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting closed at 7:06 p.m.
- ITEM 2014-04 Capital Fund Program-Annual & Five-Year Action Plan
- Commissioner Cummings moved, Commissioner Halverson seconded, to adopt Resolution 497, authorizing approval of PHA Annual Plan and Five-Year Action Plan and subsequent submission to HUD. The motion was approved unanimously.
- ITEM 2014-05 Capital Funds Program
- Commissioner Youakim moved, Commissioner Gadd seconded, to adopt Resolution 498, authorizing HRA Board and Executive Director to accept and use the 2014 Capital Funds. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Commissioner Halverson moved, Commissioner Gadd seconded, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 7:10 p.m.