November 4, 2013
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Housing and Redevelopment Authority was held November 4, 2013, at Hopkins City Hall. Present were Chairman Eugene Maxwell and Commissioners Molly Cummings, Jason Gadd, Kristi Halverson and Cheryl Youakim. Also present were Executive Director Mike Mornson, Assistant Executive Director Kersten Elverum and City Attorney Jerry Steiner.
I. CALL TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 7 p.m.
II. OPEN AGENDA--PUBLIC COMMENS
- No one from the public came forward to speak.
III. CONSENT AGENDA
- Approve minutes of the October 1, 2013, regular meeting
- Approve minutes of the October 15, 2013, special meeting
- Approve disbursements through October 31, 2013
Commissioner Halverson moved, Commissioner Youakim seconded, to approve the consent agenda. The motion was approved unanimously.
IV. NEW BUSINESS
- ITEM 2013-12 Purchase agreement – 501 Mainstreet & 15th Sixth Avenue North
Ms. Elverum stated that the City has identified Block 64 as desirable for redevelopment. To this end, the City purchased 525 Mainstreet and worked with two developers, one of which (Doran/Pratt LLC) purchased 501 Mainstreet and 15 Sixth Avenue North. The project proposed by Doran/Pratt did not move forward, and they listed the properties for sale. In an effort to keep the redevelopment of the block viable, staff is recommending that the City purchase both properties for a reasonable, negotiated price of $320,000, subject to standard contingencies.
Commissioner Cummings moved, Commissioner Gadd seconded, to approve the Purchase Agreement between the Hopkins Housing and Redevelopment Authority and Doran/Pratt LLC. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Commissioner Youakim moved, Commissioner Halverson seconded, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 7:07 p.m.