October 1, 2013
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Housing and Redevelopment Authority was held October 1, 2013, at Hopkins City Hall. Present were Chairman Eugene Maxwell and Commissioners Molly Cummings, Jason Gadd, Kristi Halverson and Cheryl Youakim. Also present were Executive Director Mike Mornson, Assistant Executive Director Kersten Elverum, and City Attorney Jerry Steiner.
I. CALL TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 7:01 p.m.
II. OPEN AGENDA - PUBLIC COMMENTS
- No one from the public came forward to speak.
III. CONSENT AGENDA
- Approve minutes of the September 3, 2013, regular meeting
- Approve disbursements through September 30, 2013
- HRA 2013-08 2013 Capital Funds Program, adopt Resolution 495
- Schedule special HRA meeting for October 15, 2013, at 7 p.m. to approve Shady Oak Road agreements.
Commissioner Gadd moved, Commissioner Halverson seconded, to approve the consent agenda. The motion was approved unanimously.
IV. CONSENT AGENDA
- ITEM 2013-09: Renewal of general liability and property insurance and authorization to not waive statutory tort liability on League of Minnesota Cities insurance trust policy.
Ms. Harkess gave an overview and explained that renewal is due November 11, 2013. The premium rate is not known, but it is anticipated that it will be from zero to three percent increase.
Commissioner Halverson moved, Commissioner Youakim seconded, to approve renewal of the LMCIT policy for the HRA and to not waive the statutory tort liability limits to the extent of the coverage purchased. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Commissioner Cummings moved, Commissioner Gadd seconded, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.