October 16, 2012
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Housing and Redevelopment
Authority was held October 16, 2012, at Hopkins City Hall.
Present were Chairman Eugene Maxwell and Commissioners Molly
Cummings, Jason Gadd, Kristi Halverson and Cheryl Youakim. Also
present were Executive Director Mike Mornson, Assistant
Executive Director Kersten Elverum, and City Attorney Jerry Steiner.
I. CALL TO ORDER
- The meeting was called to order at 7:18 p.m.
II. OPEN AGENDA - PUBLIC COMMENTS
- No one from the public came foward to speak.
III. CONSENT AGENDA
- ITEM 2012-14 - Consider approval of Hennepin COunty COmmunity Works Agreement for Shady Oak Road
Mr. Stadler and Carol Anderson, Hennepin County, addressed the Council. Mr. Stadler gave an overview of the Shady Oak Road Community Works Project Agreement.
Mr. Stadler gave an overview of the two changes to agreement, which are the following:
Mr. Steiner has reviewed the agreement and the changes.
- Reduced the square footage of a redevelopment site to 8,000 sq. ft. from 10,000 sq. ft. if the building is constructed by a property owner currently in the project area.
- Added language stating the City of Hopkins staff will be part of the process regarding parking lot improvements.
Ms. Anderson addressed the Council regarding the upcoming schedule of Hennepin County meetings
regarding the agreement.
Commissioner Halverson moved, Commissioner Cummings seconded, to approve the Cooperative Agreement for Shady Oak Road Community Works Project between the Hennepin County Housing and Redevelopment Authority, the Housing and Redevelopment Authority, the Housing and Redevelopment Authority In and For the City of Hopkins and the Economic Development Authority In and For the City of Minnetonka. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Commissioner Halverson moved, Commissioner Gadd seconded, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 7:27 pm.