January 6, 2009
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Housing and Redevelopment Authority was held January 6, 2009, at Hopkins City Hall. Present were Chairman Eugene Maxwell and Commissioners Rick Brausen, Kristi Halverson, Bruce Rowan and Cheryl Youakim. Also present were Executive Director Rick Getschow, Assistant Executive Director Kersten Elverum and City Attorney Jerry Steiner.
- Call To Order
The meeting was called to order at 7:22 pm.
- Open Agenda/Public Comments
- Consent Agenda
- Approve minutes of the December 2, 2008, regular meeting
- Approve minutes of the December 16, 2008, special meeting
- Approve disbursements through December 31, 2008
Commissioner Brausen moved, Commissioner Youakim seconded, to approve the consent agenda. The motion was approved unanimously.
- New Business
- ITEM 2009-01 Public Hearing – Approve sale of HRA property at 525 Mainstreet
Ms. Elverum explained that the public hearing is being held in anticipation of the sale of 525 Mainstreet to Doran-Pratt Development, LLC. There will be no proceeds from the sale, as the price paid by the HRA will be the same as the price paid to the HRA by Doran-Pratt. This transfer is expected to occur in June 2009.
The public hearing was opened at 7:25 p.m. No one came forward to speak. Commissioner Rowan moved, Commissioner Halverson seconded, to close the public hearing. The motion was approved unanimously. The public hearing closed at 7:26 p.m.
Commissioner Rowan moved, Commissioner Halverson seconded, to approve Resolution 458, approving the transfer of 525 Mainstreet to Doran-Pratt Development, LLC, or their assigns. The motion was approved unanimously.
- Special HRA meeting. Chairman Maxwell requested that Ms. Elverum set up a special HRA meeting for December 16, 2008, at 7:25 pm to approve a purchase agreement for 525 Mainstreet.
Commissioner Brausen moved, Commissioner Youakim seconded, to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting adjourned at 7:30 p.m.