Brush Pick Up
For residential refuse customers
Free Brush Pick Up
BRUSH will be picked up for free on your regular refuse day during the week of October 3, weather permitting. You do not need to call to schedule this pick up. All regular pick up guidelines apply (see below).
After October 6, brush collection will resume on Tuesdays (weather permitting), for a fee, and must be scheduled.
Looking for yard waste pick up information?
Regular Brush Pick Up
Brush is collected curbside every Tuesday, weather permitting (excluding holidays). You must schedule a pickup by calling 952-939-1382 before 2 pm the previous Monday.
Brush pickup charges
- 0-5 cubic yards: $12
- 5-17 cubic yards: $30
- 18 cubic yard truckload: $50
Brush pick up guidelines
What can go in my brush pile?
- Only brush which is generated on Hopkins’ residential properties will be picked up.
- Brush is defined as tree limbs, twigs, woody vines, and branches up to a maximum of 6-inches in diameter and 15 feet in length. No logs or lumber are accepted.
How do I make my brush pile?
- Stack brush in a neat pile on the boulevard, not in the street (NO alley pick up), with butt ends all one way, parallel to the street.
- Keep brush piles at least 5 feet away from poles, signs, overhead wires, guide wires, trees, fences, refuse containers, parked cars, etc.
- Do not use tarps under or on top of your brush (we use machinery to pick up the brush and the tarps hamper the pick-up).
DO NOT put brush in your refuse containers.
Drop off site
Hopkins refuse customers can also drop off their brush and yard waste for free at the drop off site, open mid-spring through November.