Brush Pick Up
For residential refuse customers
Free Christmas Tree Pickup Is January 4–8
Holiday trees will be picked up curbside, free of charge for Hopkins residential refuse customers, the week of January 4. Trees will be picked up on your refuse day, subject to change due to weather.
Lay trees in the boulevard, parallel with the street, and at least 5 feet from overhead wires, trees, fences, refuse carts, parked cars, etc. Trees must be free of all ornaments, plastic bags, and metal.
You do not need to call to schedule this service.
Regular Brush Pick Up
Brush is collected curbside every Tuesday, weather permitting (excluding holidays). You must schedule a pickup by calling 952-939-1382 before 2 pm the previous Monday.
Brush pickup charges
- 0-5 cubic yards: $12
- 5-17 cubic yards: $30
- 18 cubic yard truckload: $50
Brush pick up guidelines
- Stack brush in a neat pile on the boulevard, not in the street (NO alley pick up), with butt ends all one way, parallel to the street.
- Keep brush piles at least 5 feet away from poles, signs, overhead wires, guide wires, trees, fences, refuse containers, parked cars, etc.
- Do not use tarps under or on top of your brush (we use machinery to pick up the brush and the tarps hamper the pick-up).
- DO NOT put brush in your refuse containers.
- Only brush which is generated on Hopkins’ residential properties will be picked up.
- Brush is defined as tree limbs, twigs, woody vines, and branches up to a maximum of 6-inches in diameter and 15 feet in length. No logs or lumber are accepted.
Drop off site
Hopkins refuse customers can also drop off their brush and yard waste for free at the drop off site, open mid-spring through November.