Brush Pick Up
For residential refuse customers
Brush is collected curbside every Tuesday, weather permitting (excluding holidays). You must schedule a pickup by calling 952-939-1382 before 2 pm the previous Monday.
Free Brush Pick Up Day: April 21-May 1
Brush will be picked up for FREE on the same day as your garbage day between April 21 and May 1. No call-in is required to schedule a FREE pick-up. Starting May 5, brush will be collected on Tuesdays, weather permitting (excluding holidays).
Brush pickup charges
- 0-5 cubic yards: $12
- 5-17 cubic yards: $30
- 18 cubic yard truckload: $50
Brush pick up guidelines
- Stack brush in a neat pile on the boulevard, not in the street (NO alley pick up), with butt ends all one way, parallel to the street.
- Keep brush at least 5 feet away from overhead wires, fences, refuse containers, parked cars, etc.
- Do not use tarps under or on top of your brush (we use machinery to pick up the brush and the tarps hamper the pick-up).
- DO NOT put brush in your refuse containers.
- Only brush which is generated on Hopkins’ residential properties will be picked up.
- Brush is defined as tree limbs, twigs, woody vines, and branches up to a maximum of 6-inches in diameter and 15 feet in length. No logs or lumber are accepted.
Drop off site
Hopkins refuse customers can also drop off their brush and yard waste for free at the drop off site, open mid-spring through November.