To register at the polling place on Election Day, you must have authorized proof of residence:
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License, Learner’s Permit or receipt of either with current address located in precinct.
- Valid Minnesota I.D. or receipt with current address located in precinct.
- A registered voter in the precinct who can vouch for you.
- Registration in the same precinct indicating a previous name or address.
- Mailed notice from the Registration Office indicating late registration.
- A Tribal I.D. with name, address, signature, and picture of the individual.
- Voters may register with a combination of two documents: one photo ID from Group 1 and one current bill from Group 2, listed below.
- Group 1
Approved photo IDs must contain voter’s current name and photo. It may contain voter’s old address or have no address.
- MN Driver’s License
- MN State ID
- MN post-secondary student ID
- Tribal ID
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- Group 2
Acceptable bills must show voter’s current name and address in the precinct.
- Utility bill (due within 30 days of the
Telephone (land line, cell VOIP)
TV (cable or Satellite)
- Rent statement dated within 30 days of the
Election Day that itemizes utilities
- Current student fee statement
- You must re-register if:
- Your name or address changes
- You have not voted in the last four years.