Zoning & Planning Commission Minutes
November 27, 2007
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Zoning and Planning Commission was held on Tuesday, November 27, 2007, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Hopkins City Hall.
Present were Commission Members Kyle Skiermont, Tom Jenny, Linda Flynn, Patrick Beddor, Kate Reilly, and Bob Hatlestad. Kathy Newcomb was absent.
Also present were staff members Nancy Anderson, Kersten Elverum and Ad Hoc Committee members, Bob Arnold, Doug Strandness, and John McCabe.
- Call To Order
Mr. Skiermont called the meeting to order at 6:30 pm in the Council Chambers.
- Approval of Minutes
Mr. Hatlestad moved and Ms. Flynn seconded the motion to approve the minutes of the October 30, 2007, regular meeting. The motion was approved unanimously.
- ITEM: COMPREHENSIVE PLAN
The Commission reviewed the proposed Goals. The Commission made some suggestions for some minor changes.
The Commission reviewed the proposed Strengths-Weaknesses–Opportunities-Threats. Ms. Elverum went over some additional additions to the Threats section. The Commission made some suggestions for changes.
Ms. Anderson reviewed the Comprehensive Plan open houses that were held last spring. The summary of the open houses was discussed briefly.
Lance Bernard of Hoisington Koegler Group reviewed the project schedule with the Commission.
Mr. Bernard reviewed the following nine sites that have been identified as having redevelopment opportunities:
Mr. Bernard reviewed the housing requirements with the Commission.
- Tech Center/ NAPCO site – Office/Residential
- ABM site – Low Density Residential
- EDCO/McCoy Oil/former Living Waters/Bakers Square site – High Density Residential /Retail Mix
- Atlas site – Mid/High Density Residential
- Rainbow/Kunz Oil site – Business Park
- Cottageville Park Neighborhood site – Low Density Residential
- Jackson Street site-Business Park
- Landfill site-Institutional (amend ordinance for additional uses in Institutional)
- EBCO site-Business Park/Office
- ITEM: BED AND BREAKFAST
Ms. Anderson reviewed the proposed ordinance with the Commission. The Commission made several comments. Staff will make the changes for the Commission to review.
Mr. Skiermont moved and Mr. Beddor seconded a motion to adjourn the meeting. The motion was approved unanimously. The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.