Park Board Minutes
February 22, 2010
A regular meeting of the Hopkins Park Board was held on February 22, 2010.
- Call to Order
Aaron Kuznia, Chairperson called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
- Roll Call
Present were Park Board members: Aaron Kuznia, Brian Furan, Doug Datta, Jason Gadd and Sharon Paulson. Also present was City of Hopkins staff liaison Steve Stadler.
- Approval of Minutes
Doug Datta made a motion and Brian Furan seconded to approve the minutes from the January 25 meeting. On the vote, the minutes were approved 5 - 0.
- Shady Oak Beach Project Update
Steve Stadler gave a short update on the project schedule. The RFP will be issued shortly, followed by bid opening and proposal reviews by the joint city review committee. Site work is planned for this fall with play equipment installation next spring, April - May 2011.
- Athletic Field User Fees
The City of Minnetonka will provide the Park Board with information on athletic field users and the projected increased revenue based on the proposed user fees. A written notice will be mailed to each user describing the new fees, uses for the new revenues and the meeting date of when the Park Board will be considering the new fee schedule. It is anticipated that the notices will go out in March and the PB will act on the fees at its April 19 meeting.
- Miscellaneous Updates
- Blake Road/Cottageville Park planning - Stadler will email information on the upcoming neighborhood meeting at 43 Hoops.
- Southwest Transitway Project - DEIS work is underway
- "Hopkins-in-Motion" - next event date: Sept 11, 2010
- Nine Mile Creek Streambank and Habitat enhancement project and Nine Mile Creek regional trail project - work is underway on 5th St S culvert replacement, work continuing on trying to secure a trail easement from Peace Valley Townhome Association located at 7th St S/9th Ave S
- Maetzold Field batter cages, pitching pen improvements - anticipate discussions with HALL to resume this spring
- Curling Rink/Multi-use facility proposal - Stadler shared that Brady Bizal, HYHA President, will present a proposal for design, funding and construction - more information will be forthcoming on this.
- Park Area Assignment Report
- Sharon Paulson: Hilltop, Buffer, Burnes Park - nothing to report.
- Aaron Kuznia: Maetzold Field, Interlachen Park, Shady Oak Beach - nothing to report.
- Brian Furan: Valley Park, Central Park, Oakes Park - absent.
- Jason Gadd: Cottageville Park, Harley Hopkins Park, Elmo Park - nothing to report.
- Doug Datta: Park Valley Playground, Shady Oak Nature Area, Downtown Park, Hiawatha Oaks - nothing to report.
- Next Scheduled Meetings
The next regular Park Board Meeting is March 15, 2010.
Sharon Paulson made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Doug Datta. The motion carried on a 5 - 0 vote. The meeting adjourned at 7:32 p.m.