Park Board Minutes
June 26, 2006
A special meeting of the Hopkins Park Board was held on June 26, 2006.
- Call To Order
Chairperson Joshua Montgomery called the meeting to order at 6:40 pm.
- Roll Call
Present were Park Board members: Robert Edmonds, Kari Kyllo, Joshua Montgomery, and Richard Niemann. Also present was Hopkins staff liaison Steve Stadler.
- Approval of Minutes for May 15, 2006
R. Niemann moved and R. Edmonds seconded a motion to approve the minutes for the May 15, 2006 meeting. On the vote, the minutes were approved 4-0.
- Hopkins Dog Park
There was lengthy discussion on this item. After the discussion it was decided to proceed with a reconsideration of the dog park at the July 17, 2006 meeting. Steve Stadler will provide a count sheet for the Westbrooke Way parking survey, obtain a cost estimate for a vinyl-coated fence and provide 5/23/06 City Council work session minutes for members.
- 2007-2011 Capital Improvement Plan
The Board reviewed the proposed 2007-2011 park improvement projects and projected funding/revenues of the park dedication funds. The location of the shuffle board courts will need to be decided. The CIP was approved as proposed.
- Depot Site Improvement Update and Three Rivers Park District Regional Trail Signage Plan
- Other Items
- Josh Montgomery requested that staff consider extending the on street parking along 8th Street South at Valley Park further east toward the lift station.
- Board members asked about a possible city booth at the upcoming Raspberry Festival events.
- It was noted that Ron Helgeson is at the end of his second term and that Robert Edmonds' first term expires June 30, 2006.
- Next Scheduled Meeting
- July 17, 2006, 6:30 pm
City Council Chambers
R. Niemann moved and K. Kyllo seconded a motion to adjourn. The motion carried on a 4-0 vote. The meeting adjourned at 8:20 pm.