Activity Center - Volunteer Opportunities
Call for further information or to volunteer.
Work on an ongoing fundraising project for the Hopkins Activity Center.
Beginning computer instructor
Teach a class designed for the beginning PC user to senior adults.
Help with set-up, serving, and clean-up at special events.
- PG or PG-13 rated movies (DVD) for lending library
- Large print books for lending library
- Audio books for lending library
- Puzzles for lending library
- 4-ply yarn for Helping Hands knitters and crocheters
- Infant themed cotton & flannel fabric
- 100% wool cloth for primitive rug hookers
Knit or crochet hats, mittens, or scarves to be given to various local organizations that distribute to local neighbors in need.
Donations Accepted for our Go Green Program
The Activity Center also collects the following items and distributes them to area organizations:
- Audio Books - for lending library
- Books - large print
- Fabric - infant themed
- Beverage can tabs
- Used greeting cards (must have the entire card)
- Large print books
- Eye glasses
- Hearing aids
- Acrylic yarn
- 100% wool cloth
- Handled grocery bags
- Cotton/polyester cloth plus ribbon, rick-rack, buttons, snaps, Velcro, etc. for doll clothes
- Doll clothes patterns
- Baby dolls
- Postage stamps
- General Mills products "Boxtops for Education"
- Campbell's products "Labels for Education"
Memorials & gifts to share
Consider remembering the Hopkins Activity Center when making a donation or updating a will. Donations made be made in memory of a loved one or friend, given in honor of a special celebration or bequeathed in a will. All contributions will be placed in Gifts To Share or designated to a specific program.