Shady Oak Beach
|Other Link||Minnetonka Shady Oak Beach Page|
- 76 Feet of Sandy Beach Shoreline
- Birthday Party Packages
- Canoe, Kayak and Paddleboard Rentals
- Community Play Area
- Concession Stand
- High Dive
- Picnic Shelter
- Restrooms / Changing Areas
- Sand Volleyball Court
2018 Hours of Operation
- June 8 to July 31
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. (closes at 7 p.m. on July 4)
- August 1 to 20
10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Swimming ends a half hour before sunset.
Reserve a Picnic ShelterPicnic shelters can be reserved through Joint Recreation Services at least 7 days in advance. Visit the City of Minnetonka website for more information.
A fee is required to enter Shady Oak Beach. Customers can choose from a season pass, one-day admission fee or a 10-visit punch card. Children two years and younger are free. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
One-Day Admission Rate
- $6 per person
- $3 after 6 p.m.
- View Minnetonka website. Online renewal is available for 2017 pass holders only.
- Phone: 952-939-8203
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- In Person: Minnetonka City Hall, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. starting March 13 and at Shady Oak Beach starting June 8 during open hours.
Group reservations are available from noon-6 p.m. daily. Contact Recreation Services at 952-939-8203 at least seven days in advance to reserve time for a group.
- Resident: $5 per person
- Non-resident: $6 per person