Social Media Policy
The City of Hopkins uses social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, as a means to provide two-way communication with the public. Although the City welcomes participation/comments from the public on its Facebook and Twitter pages, this page is not a public forum.
Comments that Get Deleted
The City reserves the right to delete comments that:
- Contain vulgar language
- Are personal attacks of any kind
- Are offensive
- Are prejudiced or hurtful remarks made toward any person or entity, including any ethnic, racial or religious group
- Are spam
- Include sales/promotion of goods or services, or links to other sites
- Are off-topic
- Advocate illegal activity
- Promote services, products or political organizations
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks
Please note that comments expressed on the City's social networking sites do not reflect the opinions or positions of the City of Hopkins, its employees or elected officials.
Accuracy of Information
The City of Hopkins has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on its Facebook and Twitter pages. However, several factors that are beyond the City's control (including unauthorized modification of electronic data, transmission errors, browser incompatibilities, information that has been cached on the local computer or storage device, or other aspects of electronic communication) can affect the quality of the information displayed on this site. For that reason, the City does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided on its Facebook and Twitter pages and is not liable for reliance on this information.