The activities or establishments listed below require the General License Application (PDF), unless otherwise noted. Please fill out completely and contact the City Clerk with questions.
Licenses expire June 30 of every year.
All licenses and fees can be found in Hopkins City Code Section 1010 (PDF).
- Benches: $45
- Tobacco Sales: $200
- Pawnshop: $5,000 (Contact City Clerk for pawnshop license application.)
- Refuse Collector: $75; Each Refuse Vehicle: $25
Refuse collectors must also submit a copy of your certificate of insurance.
- Video Arcade: $15
- Mechanical Amusement Device: $15
- Movie Theatres
- Over 700 Seats: $375; Each Additional Auditorium: $120
- Less Than 700 Seats: $200; Each Additional Auditorium $100
- Stage Theatre, Acting House: $ 200
- Amusement Device Location: $15
- Motel, Hotel, Lodging House, Per Unit: $5.50
Motor Vehicle / Motor Bike Related
Motor Vehicle license applicants must also submit a copy of your State of Minnesota license.
- Car Wash: $100
- Gasoline Station
- First Pump: $75
- Each Additional Pump $12
- Petroleum Storage, Bulk: $100
- Motor Street Vendor: $75
- Motor Vehicle Sales
- Class A: $400
- Class B: $250
- Motor Vehicle Junk Yard: $150
- Motor Bike Rental: $160
- Peddler and Hawker Vehicle: $90